Principal Management Consultant
Washington DC-Baltimore Area
M2 Strategy is nationally and locally recognized as a Best Workplace with a key focus on employee engagement. The Firm is a technology and strategy consulting firm whose motto, Think Differently, is integrated with all components of our solutions and operations. We help our clients transform, modernize, and digitize their operations while positioning their workforces for the future. We live our four core values: Be Kind, Be the Best You, Bring the WOW factor, and Pay It Forward. We don’t settle for ordinary, we live, design, and implement the exceptional. We develop leaders at all levels and offer advancement opportunities for individuals looking to develop a long-lasting career with our Firm.
A Day in the Life at M2
M2 Strategy is seeking a highly motivated Principal Management Consultant to join our growing firm and support our Government clients, commercial clients, and leadership. Our projects are high-profile, fast-paced and complex and provide a great opportunity to work on challenging engagements. Please see the responsibilities section below for additional details.
What’s Important to Us
As well as a highly competitive salary, M2 Strategy offers an award-winning benefits package including:
- 100% company-paid individual medical/dental/vision insurance
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan that is 100% vested immediately
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Paid time off
- Company laptop
- Training reimbursement
- Company supplemented Pet Insurance
- LinkedIn Learning account with 10,000 on-demand courses available
Note: This is a full-time salaried position. Resumes for independent consultants or contractors will not be considered. Additionally, the existing clients are with the Federal Government where U.S. Citizenship is required. No phone calls, please.
- Process improvement and streamlining business operations.
- Developing and executing communication plans.
- Developing project charters and gathering requirements.
- Schedule management and risk management.
- Interpreting data to understand the business implications of the research.
- Writing reports/briefings and presenting to clients in a way that is professional and influential.
- Apply expertise in organizational design to provide direction and guidance on the establishment of organization structures, realignments and re-organizations, supporting changes in strategic direction and mission requirements.
- Assist management in developing and maximizing employee opportunities for career growth, professional development, and learning that will ensure the establishment of a high performing organization and a working environment that promotes and values diversity.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and proactively about diverse business solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies and the public.
- BA or BS Degree with a minimum of 8 years of consulting experience
- Superb oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Proven experience in a consulting and client-facing environment.
- Experience in making appropriate research recommendations for business improvements
- Expertise managing, leading, and inspiring high performing teams.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized.
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
As an equal opportunity employer, M2 Strategy is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access M2 Strategy’s career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting M2 Strategy Talent Acquisition Team, email@example.com, 703-822-5600.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.