Junior management consultant
Washington D.C. Metro Area
M2 Strategy is known for developing and delivering impactful solutions that have transformed organizations by successfully implementing strategic initiatives, solving complex business challenges, and developing forward‐thinking technical solutions. We start every task by asking “how will this make our client’s job easier?” We believe in the power of people and processes to inspire the workforce and implement positive change. We focus on collaborating with clients so that goals are exceeded, not just met. We work tirelessly to understand our clients’ pain points and develop creative solutions. We don’t settle for ordinary, we build exceptional. We develop leaders at all levels and offer advancement opportunities for individuals looking to develop a long-lasting career with our firm.
A Day in the Life at M2
If you enjoy a challenge, variety, diversity, and working with people – keep reading!
As a Management Consultant, you will support engagements with clients focused on Portfolio/Program/Project Management/Budget Management to include establishing Project Management Offices (PMO). The role includes supporting a variety of tasks required to plan, schedule, and track the progress of projects and includes coordinating bi-weekly project management reviews with senior leadership. Tasks focus on the day-to-day support of the portfolio’s programs and projects including budget management, schedule maintenance, risk tracking, and communication for internal and external stakeholders. Additional duties include assisting clients to streamline their business processes.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Knowledge or experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Portfolio/Program/Project Management
- Change and Communications Management
- Business Process Development and Implementation
- Schedule and Risk Management
- Communications Management
- Performance Evaluation
- Metric Development Expertise
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- BA or BS Degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant expertise. This position is a mid-level position with salary commensurate with 3 years of experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies and the public.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Ability to make critical decisions with limited guidance while ensuring visibility into those decisions.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations for senior-level staff.
Note: This is a full-time salaried position. Resumes for independent consultants or contractors will not be considered. Additionally, the existing clients are with the Federal Government where U.S. Citizenship is required. No phone calls, please.
What’s Important to Us
As well as a highly competitive salary, M2 Strategy offers an extraordinary benefits package including:
- 100% company-paid individual medical/dental/vision insurance
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan that is 100% vested immediately
- Paid time off
- Company laptop
- Training reimbursement
- LinkedIn Learning account with 10,000 on-demand courses available
M2 Strategy has developed an environment that is fun, intellectual, forward-thinking and respectful. We believe that when you come to work, it doesn’t have to be “another day at the office” and that you should be able to enjoy it and have a positive experience. We couple this fun environment with a focus on the quality of service delivery, as well as always providing innovation to our clients. This means that our employees are always on top of best practices and we routinely collaborate to share ideas.