Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
M2 Strategy is nationally and locally recognized as a Best Workplace with a key focus on employee engagement. The Firm is a technology and strategy consulting firm whose motto, Think Differently, is integrated with all components of our solutions and operations. We help our clients transform, modernize, and digitize their operations while positioning their workforces for the future. We live our four core values: Be Kind, Be the Best You, Bring the WOW factor, and Pay It Forward. We don’t settle for ordinary, we live, design, and implement the exceptional. We develop leaders at all levels and offer advancement opportunities for individuals looking to develop a long-lasting career with our Firm.
A Day in the Life at M2
As an IT Project Manager in Alabama, you will support our Federal clients with managing complex IT engagements through the full project lifecycle including drafting project charters, gathering requirements, supporting design reviews, developing/managing project plans, managing risk, and supporting the creation of other project-related artifacts.
As well as a highly competitive salary, M2 Strategy offers an extraordinary benefits package including:
- 100% company-paid individual medical/dental/vision insurance
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan that is 100% vested immediately
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Paid time off
- Company laptop
- Training reimbursement
- Company supplemented Pet Insurance
- LinkedIn Learning account with 10,000 on-demand courses available
Note: This is a full-time salaried position. Resumes for independent consultants or contractors will not be considered. Additionally, the existing clients are with the Federal Government where U.S. Citizenship is required. No phone calls, please.
- Facilitating and supporting Executive Decision Making Councils
- Managing IT projects
- Supporting Strategic Planning initiatives
- Experience working with Senior-level Government officials
- Conduct workforce competency identification and gap analyses.
- Process improvement and streamlining business operations.
- Interpreting data to understand the business implications of the research.
- Writing reports/briefings and presenting to clients in a way that is professional and influential
- Apply expertise in organizational design to provide direction and guidance on the establishment of organization structures, realignments, and re-organizations, supporting changes in strategic direction and mission requirements.
- Assist management in developing and maximizing employment opportunities for career growth, professional development, and learning that will ensure the establishment of a high performing organization and a working environment that promotes and values diversity.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and proactively about diverse business solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies, and the public.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- PMP certification is highly preferred
- Advanced understanding of MS Project, Smartsheet, and schedule management
- BA or BS Degree with a minimum of 8 years of consulting experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies, and the public
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to make critical decisions with limited guidance while ensuring visibility into those decisions
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations for senior-level staff
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
M2 eligible employees are currently authorized to work remotely but will be moving towards a hybrid plan next year, which will require working both in the office and remotely. All vaccinated M2 employees who wish to work from the office can do so. M2 Strategy policies on masks and other pandemic mitigation measures will continue to be informed by DC and CDC guidelines.
M2 Strategy has made the safety of our staff and our surrounding community a top priority. As part of that commitment, M2 will require all staff and visitors to submit proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 to be on our client sites or M2 headquarters buildings. As a visitor and/or a new employee at M2 Strategy, you will be required to comply with the vaccination policy. Individuals invited for an in-person job interview or hired as an employee that (i) have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who object to being vaccinated based on a sincerely held religious belief, may request a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.