Washington DC-Baltimore Area
A Day in the Life at M2
M2 Strategy is seeking a highly motivated Climate Specialist to join our growing firm and support our government clients, commercial clients, and leadership team. Our projects are high-profile, fast-paced, and complex and provide a great opportunity to work on challenging engagements. Please see the responsibilities section below for additional details.
What’s Important to Us
As well as a highly competitive salary, M2 Strategy offers an
award-winning benefits package including:
- 100% company-paid individual medical/dental/vision insurance
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan that is 100% vested immediately
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Paid time off
- Flex Time
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company laptop
- Training reimbursement
- Company supplemented Pet Insurance
- LinkedIn Learning account with 10,000 on-demand courses available
Note: This is a full-time salaried position. Resumes for independent consultants or contractors will not be considered. Additionally, the existing clients are with the Federal Government where U.S. Citizenship is required. No phone calls, please.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the areas of climate strategy and/or policy
- Superb oral and written communication skills, including presentation and report development using full Microsoft suite
- Proven experience in facilitating presentations and/or working groups in a client-facing environment
- Experience in making appropriate research recommendations for process improvements
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Provide strategy and expertise to address climate initiatives for Federal clients
- Lead working groups and facilitate discussions on strategic climate goals, activities, and related tasks
- Support Interagency Councils on climate initiatives
- Inform climate strategies for international engagements
- Work directly with Senior Government officials to present ideas related to the topics noted above
- Manage schedules and tasks using MS Project and/or Smartsheet
- Support conferences related to climate strategy and policy
- Interpreting data to understand the implications
- Write reports/briefings and present to clients in a way that is professional and influential
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and proactively about diverse business solutions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies, and the public
M2 Strategy has made the safety of our staff and our surrounding community a top priority. As part of that commitment, M2 will require all staff and visitors to submit proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 to be on our client sites or M2 headquarters buildings. As a visitor and/or a new employee at M2 Strategy, you will be required to comply with the vaccination policy. Individuals invited for an in-person job interview or hired as an employee that (i) have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who object to being vaccinated based on a sincerely held religious belief, may request a reasonable accommodation.
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
As an equal opportunity employer, M2 Strategy is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access M2 Strategy’s career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting M2 Strategy Talent Acquisition Team, email@example.com, 703-822-5600.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.