Washington DC-Baltimore Area
M2 Strategy is nationally and locally recognized as a Best Workplace with a key focus on employee engagement. The Firm is a technology and strategy consulting firm whose motto, Think Differently, is integrated with all components of our solutions and operations. We help our clients transform, modernize, and digitize their operations while positioning their workforces for the future. We live our four core values: Be Kind, Be the Best You, Bring the WOW factor, and Pay It Forward. We don’t settle for ordinary, we live, design, and implement the exceptional. We develop leaders at all levels and offer advancement opportunities for individuals looking to develop a long-lasting career with our Firm.
A Day in the Life at M2
M2 Strategy is seeking a highly motivated Budget Analyst to join our growing firm and support our government and commercial clients. In this role, you would be responsible for leading and supporting numerous consulting initiatives. The role requires excellent communication and analytical skills as you will work across a variety of stakeholders from executives of government agencies to program managers. The ideal candidate will have proven ability to enhance workforce efficiencies, analyze internal/external trends, and develop briefings with recommended paths forward. Please see the responsibilities section below for additional details.
What’s Important to Us
As well as a highly competitive salary, M2 Strategy offers an award-winning benefits package including:
- 100% company-paid individual medical/dental/vision insurance
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan that is 100% vested immediately
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Paid time off
- Flex Time
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company laptop
- Training reimbursement
- Company supplemented Pet Insurance
- LinkedIn Learning account with 10,000 on-demand courses available
Note: This is a full-time salaried position. Resumes for independent consultants or contractors will not be considered. Additionally, our clients are with the Federal government where US Citizenship is a requirement. No phone calls or emails, please.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Knowledge or experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Business Process Development and Implementation
- Change Management
- Data Analytics
- Communications Management
- Analytical and Writing Support
- BA or BS Degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant expertise.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies, and the public.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Ability to make critical decisions with limited guidance while ensuring visibility into those decisions.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations for senior-level staff.
M2 eligible employees are currently authorized to work remotely but will be moving towards a hybrid plan next year, which will require working both in the office and remotely.
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
As an equal opportunity employer, M2 Strategy is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access M2 Strategy’s career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting M2 Strategy Talent Acquisition Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-822-5600.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.