Washington DC-Baltimore Area
M2 Strategy is nationally and locally recognized as a Best Workplace with a key focus on employee engagement. The Firm is a technology and strategy consulting firm whose motto, Think Differently, is integrated with all components of our solutions and operations. We help our clients transform, modernize, and digitize their operations while positioning their workforces for the future. We live our four core values: Be Kind, Be the Best You, Bring the WOW factor, and Pay It Forward. We don’t settle for ordinary, we live, design, and implement the exceptional. We develop leaders at all levels and offer advancement opportunities for individuals looking to develop a long-lasting career with our Firm.
A Day in the Life at M2
M2 Strategy is seeking a highly motivated Accountant and Payroll Specialist to join our growing firm and lead the company’s day-to-day accounting responsibilities, payroll activities, and other financial related tasks. The candidate will work directly with the COO and be provided with training opportunities to expand and grow in this exciting position. This will be a full-time remote position, but the candidate must live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area to support yearly audits or potential ad-hoc in-person meetings. Please see the responsibilities section below for additional details.
What’s Important to Us
- As well as a highly competitive salary, M2 Strategy offers an extraordinary benefits package including:
- 100% company-paid individual medical/dental/vision insurance
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan that is 100% vested immediately
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Paid time off
- Flex Time
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company laptop
- Training reimbursement
- Company supplemented Pet Insurance
- LinkedIn Learning account with 10,000 on-demand courses available
Note: This is a full-time salaried position. Resumes for independent consultants or contractors will not be considered. Additionally, the existing clients are with the Federal Government where U.S. Citizenship is required. No phone calls, please.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Utilize QuickBooks Professional to maintain company accounting statements.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process.
- Lead, review/post journal entries, and perform GL account reconciliations.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements.
- Conduct account analysis and research in support of management budget and actuals reporting.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Lead monthly invoicing process to Federal and Commercial clients.
- Run bi-weekly payroll in Intuit QuickBooks and complete supporting tasks (e.g., 401K, etc.).
- Conduct all accounting and reporting activities in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) standards.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and proactively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies, and the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (preferred) or relevant experience.
- Experience using QuickBooks Professional.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping and accounting experience.
- Experience with payroll processing is preferred but not required.
- Experience with processing invoices is preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
This will be a full-time remote position, but the candidate must live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area to support yearly audits or potential ad-hoc in-person meetings.
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
As an equal opportunity employer, M2 Strategy is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access M2 Strategy’s career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting M2 Strategy Talent Acquisition Team, email@example.com, 703-822-5600.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.